A sure way to have a truly joyful Easter is to have a great Lent. Here are some resources and parish offerings to help you and your family have a great Lent.
- Dynamic Catholic's Best Lent Ever: We all know the things that make us happy, but we don’t always do them. Lent is an opportunity to change that. This year we invite you to do something different. Sign up for Best Lent Ever, a FREE, video-based email program featuring internationally acclaimed speaker and New York Times bestselling author Matthew Kelly. From Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday, Matthew will help you identify what stands between you and happiness and what to do about it. Are you ready for your best Lent ever?
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Lenten Prayer Resources, including Lectio Divina, The Seven Penitential Psalms and Stations of the Cross
- Magnificat's Lenten Companion 2017: Available as iOS App and eBook
- The Pray More Lenten (Online) Retreat
- This Lent, foster a daily practice of spiritual calm where God is at the center. Living Lent Daily is a daily e-mail series delivering fresh reflections based on the Scriptures of Lent. Each day’s message includes a quotation from the day’s Scripture readings and a brief reflection to spur meditation, prayer, and self-examination. The messages also include suggestions for further exploration of Lenten themes through additional online articles and prayers.
- Lenten Daily Reflections from Bishop Barron and the Word on Fire community
- Daily Videos during Lent from RedeemedOnline.com and #ShareJesus
Then he said to all, “If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." (Luke 9:23)
For Families and Children
At Our Parish
- Ash Wednesday (March 1) Mass Times are 8 AM, 11:30 AM, 5:30 PM, 7:30 PM.
- A Fish Fry will be hosted each Friday during Lent by the Knights of Columbus. Join us in the Family Center at 5:30 p.m.
- Stations of the Cross will follow the Fish Fry on Fridays at 7 p.m. in the Church
- Friday, March 31: Our high school youth ministry will lead a Taize prayer service on the Passion of Jesus Christ in place of Stations of the Cross. This will be followed by a presentation from Barbara Budde.
- A new Bible Study titled Follow Me: Meeting Jesus in the Gospel of John will begin March 22/23.
- A Penance Service will be held Tuesday, March 21 at 7 p.m.