Moved to Action:
Peace and Social Justice Advocacy Ministry
Our mission, Moved to Action Ministry, is to disseminate the message of the Gospel & Social Teachings of the Catholic Church so that Ministry members and parishioners can apply these teachings to their daily lives. Our ministry is rooted in prayer & guided by Catholic Social teaching. We do this by:• Providing an avenue for a prayerful, educational and spiritual experience that helps us "move to action" on Peace and Social Justice issues.
• Studying the Social Teachings of the church and offering members/parishioners simple actions to implement these teachings in their daily lives.
• Informing members/parishioners of opportunities to help others & engaging them to do advocacy in line with the social teachings of the church.• Putting the programs of the USCCB, the Diocese and organizations sanctioned by the diocese into action. Our areas of service encompass advocacy, outreach, solidarity, justice & peace, organizing, education and prayer.
• Promoting a just society by raising awareness of issues that are unjust and by advocating for fair & just solutions.
• Developing an understanding that our parish is of the world & engaging the parish in opportunities for solidarity.For more information or questions please contact Margie Medrano @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Selma DeMello at Selma_DMello@Dell.com
Click on the links on the left under submenu or links:
- Attend a discussion on the Death Penalty with Sister Helen Prejean on October 12th at The Diocesan Center or St. Edwards University
- Inform yourself and form conscience on all the issues addressed by Catholic Social Teaching
- Stay tuned in & get ready to advocate for a just Farm bill after the November election. Food Stamps (SNAP program) is only one of the issues addressed in this bill.